ACCIDENT

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kentheteaman

I was just turning left in trafic light. There was a young chap with his hood on, on the pavement waiting to cross the road. Next thing I know bang - he walked into my path. He did not see me due to his hood and he did not hear anything either.

He was thrown on to the pavement. Ambulance was called. The police came and treated me as a criminal. All my records checked out and breath-alysed ! Damn.

My left side wing mirror broken. Fortunately no other damage.

I wonder how much it will cost to replace the mirror. :cry:

Not good news. I hope all involved weren't too hurt and recover quickly. Good news that the car seems OK; they are remarkably fragile things when it comes to prangs. The passenger protection is immense - at the expense of the vehicle fabric. Someone hit me with a Clio once and the car was written off! Once the ambulance chaps had scraped me off the pavement and dusted me down a bit I was good to go bar a slight headache and some minor bleeding.

Don't be surprised about the police treating you as a crim - it's what the police do these days, I'm afraid.

I had a near crash today. There was a guy in his car at the right lane and I was passing him when he suddenly changed his lane to my lane and he was almost toucing my i3. So I used my horn with all the power I had and he moved away from me.

Ken

I hope you and he are both OK. Hoodie wearing in Surrey.....?

Run down by a silent EV? Curious did you have one of these fitted? It looks like an option?

For vehicles with Acoustic pedestrian protection Option S4U9A=Yes
01 Vehicle sound generator VSG 1 65129319969

Back