BMW ConnectedDrive and iRemote app (iOS) updated

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

psquare

Many of you may have noticed already - the site and iRemote iOS app (can't comment on Android) have been updated. The latter now has the logout issue fixed, according to the release notes on the app store. So far so good for me. There are also some minor cosmetic changes and the touchID signon has slightly changed. However, user interface is still as unintuitive as before. No new features were added, a mere stability release.

ConnectedDrive looks a lot better and more 10s than 00s now. However, on my initial signon, I was told that no car was registered on my BMW account, which was frustrating. I tried signing on again and it worked.

Overall, I think it is very painful to not get any notice on any updates from BMW. It's in moments like this when I think that it's the old skool OEMs who have so much more to learn. The fact that I had to log 2 support tickets and post around ten screenshots on Twitter about the logon issue for BMW i to finally acknowledge the problem and fix it, speaks volumes.

I'm somewhat less than impressed with the new Connected Drive website. Giving my odo reading using the number of kilometres I've travelled (ditto range and fuel range) and saying it's miles is somewhat misleading.

PhilH said:
I'm somewhat less than impressed with the new Connected Drive website. Giving my odo reading using the number of kilometres I've travelled (ditto range and fuel range) and saying it's miles is somewhat misleading.

You're right. Wow, that's quite an oversight! Applies to all mileage values.

Makes you wonder who tests this...

Back