BMW just raised the lease/OC residuals 7%

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

i3Alan

I talked to my dealer earlier this week to discuss buying versus Owner's Choice. I already have a purchase order to buy my i3, but he printed up a new PO for the same deal, except with OC at 30 months and 10K miles/year. The residual for OC or lease at 30 months was 48% of MSRP for 12K (?) miles/year, with a 3% bump to 51% for 10K miles/year. I called him back to see if I should be getting one of the Ride Event $1000 purchase/lease incentives, and to make sure there would be no problem applying it to an already done deal. The interesting news is that he called BMW to find out, and came back with the good news that BMW has just increased the residuals 7% across the board. The 51% residual I was quoted, is now 58%. Subtracting out the $7500 tax credit (that reduces the effective purchase price for me), and the resulting residual is a fraction shy of 70%.

Also, if you are willing to put down 15% or more, then the loan/lease/OC rate drops a quarter percent from 2.99% to 2.74%.

I got the same deal today! But.....from what I understand this a very limited (quantity) offer only available in some markets :eek: . I just happened to be in the right place at the right time, I think. As of this morning, it was a "voucher" given by BMW corporate.

That's a big change. The payment estimator asks for the state. I just checked and didn't see any change in the lease payment here in California vs what I saw last week.

Where are you located?

Back