BMW just updated the online ordering page for 2015

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mfischer

Hi long time lurker / wanter of an i3. My local dealers are all scumbags so I'm waiting for the next generation.

If you check BMWusa.com configuration page, yesterday (Jan 6th) I noticed heated seats and level 3 charger options have been removed. I understand these are now considered standard options for 2015 onward. I wonder if this can be used to negociate with the remaining local 2014 stock?

Anyone find a listing of changes?

mfischer said:
Hi long time lurker / wanter of an i3. My local dealers are all scumbags so I'm waiting for the next generation.

If you check BMWusa.com configuration page, yesterday (Jan 6th) I noticed heated seats and level 3 charger options have been removed. I understand these are now considered standard options for 2015 onward. I wonder if this can be used to negociate with the remaining local 2014 stock?

They didn't reduce the price of either of those items for 2015 - just made them non-optional and increased the base price, so the 2015 isn't a better deal in that regard. They did drop the price of the Tera and Giga packages by $200 each, though. Satellite radio is now standard as well (it was previously an upgrade for Mega vehicles).

Aside from those changes to the standard equipment, I don't think there are any other known differences between 2014 and 2015. There will be a new software update with some new features, like SoC display, that will be available for both 2014 and 2015 models.

mfischer said:

It might be time to go to check out the dealers again. I went to my dealership a week ago to lease a REX and the 2014's were "on sale" to make room for the 2015's.

Back