Build Quality - poor? DANGEROUS?

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Read the thread Driveline Error Again! that was posted today. There have been many similar posts in the past year, many more than 20 and many owners have been pushed by BMW from the positive over to the negative. Don't forget that we all were i3 enthusiasts when we drove it home that first time........ ;)

Still no pics? Really?

My local dealer had to replace both of my club door (not suicide) windows because the tint shop that tinted my windows scratched them. I have the originals in my attic, there are two bolts at the bottom, seems very odd that they would be loose along with weak or missing adhesive. It was very straight forward, they had the car overnight but because at the same time they updated my software to the July update.

psquare said:
WoodlandHills said:
I33t said:
As I have said before: BMW are having trouble building quality into the i3. There are many reports here and on FB of just this sort of assembly issues happening seemingly at random.

I think that's a crass generalisation, but what you think is up to you. There is also the possibility that someone attempted to break into the car by lifting off the window. There are many possibilities.

I'm sorry to hear that someone has had the trouble of a window glass coming loose, but unless we see a large pattern emerging on a forum such as this, I think it's unfair to say that there are large manufacturing issues.

To people who are looking to purchase or lease an i3, all I can say is that they should look at the car closely, test drive at length, research and then make up their own mind.

Not everything you read on here is reliable, whether it is extremely good or atrociously bad.

Two posters have quoted words that are both not mine and i do not agree with. I don't do Facebook either.

Latest posts

Back