Car status in app is not updated since 24-5

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lecram

I cannot see the current status of my i3 in iPhone and Samsung tablet apps and also not in the Connected Drive portal. The last status is from 24 May, 23.32 and I have done a couple of 100s kms after this date. I also cannot send messages to my i3. The remote services is turned on.
I can send messages from my i3 outside and also use BMW Online when I am in my car.
Does someone has the same experience?

Lecram said:
I cannot see the current status of my i3 in iPhone and Samsung tablet apps and also not in the Connected Drive portal. The last status is from 24 May, 23.32 and I have done a couple of 100s kms after this date. I also cannot send messages to my i3. The remote services is turned on.
I can send messages from my i3 outside and also use BMW Online when I am in my car.

Hi there... i had exactly the same thing. It worked fine up to the 25 April then suddenly stopped. The connectdrive team were really helpful and have reset my account. .. All I have is a location at the mo cos my i3 is in the workshop awaiting a charge regulator from Germany. ..

noakey said:
Lecram said:

Hi there... i had exactly the same thing. It worked fine up to the 25 April then suddenly stopped. The connectdrive team were really helpful and have reset my account. .. All I have is a location at the mo cos my i3 is in the workshop awaiting a charge regulator from Germany. ..

Thanks for your reaction.

Did it work well after the reset?

I called the Connect Drive phone and they directed me to the customer service. The customer service has handed it over to Germany and they told me that it takes 5-6 weeks (!!) before they will treat it!
Good to read that resetting my account will probably work.

Lecram said:
noakey said:
Lecram said:

I called the Connect Drive phone and they directed me to the customer service. The customer service has handed it over to Germany and they told me that it takes 5-6 weeks (!!) before they will treat it!

Hi.. when I get my i3 back from the workshop I will test and post here... 8 do depend on the d tate of charge as my commute requires me to do a partial charge to get home...

5 to 6 weeks is unacceptable unless there is a hardware problem...

Enjoy your i3...

noakey said:
Lecram said:
noakey said:

Hi.. when I get my i3 back from the workshop I will test and post here... 8 do depend on the d tate of charge as my commute requires me to do a partial charge to get home...

5 to 6 weeks is unacceptable unless there is a hardware problem...

Enjoy your i3...

Thank you! I told the call center guy that it is unacceptable, but he was just the messenger. I will visit the dealer's workshop tomorrow to see what they can do.

It seems that the ConnectedDrive/iRemote combination is not flawless : http://www.mybmwi3.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=658

The problem is that some issues can be fixed by the local/national ConnectedDrive team, others have to be referred to BMW HQ at Munich. I haven't found any pattern though.

Though the Belgian ConnectedDrive team has been most helpful, I noticed that my ConnectedDrive issues were dealt with more swiftly when "[email protected]" was copied ... ;)

agj said:
It seems that the ConnectedDrive/iRemote combination is not flawless : http://www.mybmwi3.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=658

The problem is that some issues can be fixed by the local/national ConnectedDrive team, others have to be referred to BMW HQ at Munich. I haven't found any pattern though.

Though the Belgian ConnectedDrive team has been most helpful, I noticed that my ConnectedDrive issues were dealt with more swiftly when "[email protected]" was copied ... ;)

Ah.. good tip...

Gonville said:
...bet the server was down? Maybe they had words with their IT supplier....

I read on the German forum that also German owners had this problem. I don´t think that a server was down for several days. These servers are redundant.

Hello,

I have noticed since a few days that my iRemote App on my iPhone is not being updated with the actual status of the car. After a few hours then it comes back up again.. Also, when we charge the car outside of our home, and I check the app, the app says "100%" charged after +/- 30 mins, while this cannot be the case (when we go and the check the car physically, charging is stil taking place).
I have intermittantly noticed on the satnav screen (top right corner) a small car sign with an exclamation mark, and have also noticed that the satnav loads fully when I start the car (so from a start up screen mentioning BMWi).
Has anyone had this before?

Ci3ndy said:
Hello,

I have noticed since a few days that my iRemote App on my iPhone is not being updated with the actual status of the car. After a few hours then it comes back up again.. Also, when we charge the car outside of our home, and I check the app, the app says "100%" charged after +/- 30 mins, while this cannot be the case (when we go and the check the car physically, charging is stil taking place).

It seems that the BMW servers are having some issues lately. It already happened a couple of months ago. I would say that those server problems seems to coincide with the successive car delivery waves. Just as if the servers would need an update each time a massive amount of new users are registering. The latest delivery wave was the US... can't wait to see what the impact of the deliveries to China will be :)
As for the 100% display when charging outside home, I never experienced that.

Ci3ndy said:
I have intermittantly noticed on the satnav screen (top right corner) a small car sign with an exclamation mark, and have also noticed that the satnav loads fully when I start the car (so from a start up screen mentioning BMWi).

I couldn't find the pictogram in question anywhere in the user's guide. But I can confirm that I can see it too each time I turn the car on. I think it simply means that the car is waiting to be connected to cellular network through its internal sim card. Once the connection is done, the sign disappears.

Thank you agj for your input. I will keep on monitoring &
I will also inform BMWi when I call Bornem this week to complain about the (unsatisfactorily) Add on Mobility :roll:

agj said:
Ci3ndy said:
Hello,

It seems that the BMW servers are having some issues lately. It already happened a couple of months ago. I would say that those server problems seems to coincide with the successive car delivery waves. Just as if the servers would need an update each time a massive amount of new users are registering. The latest delivery wave was the US... can't wait to see what the impact of the deliveries to China will be :)

Ci3ndy said:
I do not think that adding a few cars - hundreds or even thousands - would constitute ‘a massive amount of data’. I think there must be an alternative cause to the failures.

What I have also noted is that, once the car is not running any more (ie it is in our garage or parked somewhere), the update to the iRemote App stops. When the car is running, then there is info being sent to the iRemote App, although with a delay of +/- 15 mins (for example: I locked the doors using the iPhone, and then I checked the iRemote App: it showed "doors open" for another +/-10 mins, after that the app showed "doors closed"). Now the car is in the parking lot, and it says: latest update: 8:27 AM (=when I arrived this morning at work) while it is 09:55 AM know and I check the app every +/- 15 mins to see what happens. When I did this last week, the App was updated every time with the new time that I checked it...

Ci3ndy said:
Hello,

Yes I had the same twice last week. Plugged in and 100% in the app. I kept charging and 2 hours later everything normal.
But then the first time since I have the car the max. driven distance in the app was updated.

I hope the last thing keeps working because I am just going to break my old record tomorrow (now I have driven 150km and have 28% left (8.8kWh/100km)) and I want to see the 200km in the app :)

And it happens again! The last update is from yesterday evening 20.56 and I have been in several places since, with no new update. It's also not possible to send orders to the car, like the horn and climate control.

Remote services and iRemote app seem to be subject to frequent and random down times ....
No updated status on mine since yesterday.

What I noticed however is that the ConnectedDrive portal (Belgium) has been slightly modified in order to add the possibility to enter a "mode of payment" in case you want to purchase additional services like "Internet" or "Concierge". Is it possible that each website update provokes an update issue downstream?

If this is the case, shouldn't BMW hire "professional" web masters to avoid server down times?

The dealer has reset the TCB and it worked well. Until a few days ago, it stopped working again. Today, the dealer reset it again and I will see what happens now

Back