Changes from March production

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LMOR

As far as I have seen from the parts catalogue, the Instument Cluster, HIFI amplifier and the telecommunication box, will be replaced from march production with non-compatible units.

Does anyone know what will be changed?

LMOR said:
As far as I have seen from the parts catalogue, the Instument Cluster, HIFI amplifier and the telecommunication box, will be replaced from march production with non-compatible units.

Total guess here but could it be linked to the offer of free Pro Navigation that applied to units built before end of Feb (in the UK at least)?

Bill

Bunter said:
LMOR said:

Total guess here but could it be linked to the offer of free Pro Navigation that applied to units built before end of Feb (in the UK at least)?
Bill

No, this is the screen directly in front of the driver.

My guess, since also the handles at the steering wheel changes + some control unit in the LED headlights changes, is that they add the high-beam assist, and they need an icon in the instrument cluster to show that it is active, and on my F10 you turn it on/off on the handle.

But then there is the change in telecom and HIFI.

Someone reports that there is no sound when you surf internet (youtube) via the car (internet option). Could this be the reason for replacing telecom box and HIFI?

Ross said:
LMOR said:
with non-compatible units.
What does this mean?
That's my formulation, but it means that it is not only a replacement part. You cannot take the new version and plug it it where the old was, so there are functional or physical differences.

Back