Changing the wheels

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MikeS

Can any current owner confirm if it is true what the owner’s manual states on P183 - "The tools for changing wheels are available as OPTIONAL EXTRAS from your service centre’!!

MikeS said:
Can any current owner confirm if it is true what the owner’s manual states on P183 - "The tools for changing wheels are available as OPTIONAL EXTRAS from your service centre’!!

That's correct MikeS!
That being said, the wheels are not intended to be changed by driver. Wheel changing tools are to be found in any specialized store, I guess.

Here is the content of the "tool box" to be found in the frunk. This is all you need in case of flat tyre.

Please note that the locking wheel bolt (2PA) is optional in Belgium!! Only, 30 eur ... but still :evil: I see that it is standard equipment in the UK. Dunno for the US??
tools.jpg

That is very disappointing. Some of us like to take wheels off to clean them properly so I think its very poor of BMW to charge extra to be able to carry out such a basic maintenance task!

Is there anything unusual about the wheel bolts, or will a normal jack and wheel brace do the job?

Back