Charge unit installation at work

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Powerflex

What are the options for buying a unit and installing at work?

All of the small print for the free installs states pretty clearly that it is for residential addresses and given my work address is on an industrial estate I think they might sus me out if I applied.

I have received a quote for a unit at £375 and I can get a local electrician to fit it.

Has anyone else done this?

Back before home charger grants were available many early Leaf owners bought and had their own EVSEs installed by local electricians. IIRC I paid around £800 for a 32A version back then.

My advice would be to pick one with a Type 2 socket rather than a tethered version - it will then be useful to any EV that wants to use it like the Leaf or an Ampera.

£375 sounds pretty cheap - I'd make sure it's a real EVSE and not just an outdoor 13A socket. You often see simple sockets advertised as 'charging points' when they are pretty much just a standard socket and RCD in a nice box.

It is the Rolec EVWP2026 unit.

I just need a cable which they are quoting £193 +VAT so I guess it is cheaper to get the BMW one.

Powerflex said:
I just need a cable which they are quoting £193 +VAT so I guess it is cheaper to get the BMW one.

This is a nice alternative to the BMW one if you are looking for something less chunky (and less blue):

http://nuworldenergy.co.uk/shop.php#!/~/product/category=9061308&id=35326751

£186 inc VAT.

fenlander said:
http://nuworldenergy.co.uk/shop.php#!/~/product/category=9061308&id=35326751

£186 inc VAT.

We also offer the ZCW 32amp unit which is perfect for small commercial as it is a metal case rather than the plastic of others available.

We can also offer installation at reasonable rates and a maintained rental package available if required.

Thanks

Back