Charging characteristics i3

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lecram

See here the charging charactaristics from my i3. As it happened overnight, it's split in two days. It's clear that it charges constant until about 90%, from there it will decrease charging.

It started charging at 21:48
20140516_153901_resize.jpg

And it finished just after 1AM
20140516_153914_resize.jpg

KMP647 said:
IT IS UING THE FULL power in fact it hits over 8,000 watts at one point!
what wall unit are you using a
nd what is our sup
ply voltage? will your setup measure and graph the amperage?

The voltage is 220-230V. I canjot measure the amps.
I use a charger from EV-box, a Dutch manufacturer of car chargers.

It hits the 8kW as it is a 3 phase main supply, it shows cumulative the amps of all 3 phases

Marcel,

You know my 'fatal' aproach on this. So i am charging 32A, or choose to do with less by means with the setting in the car. A week ago i had it on 32A and forgot to tell my partner NOT to use to much electricity, ending up w ithdish washer etc, all working at the same time. I noticed my power usage was very high: 11,5 kW! Equals 50 amps, but the main fuse did not blow... :lol: :roll: :?:

Simon said:
Marcel,

You know my 'fatal' aproach on this. So i am charging 32A, or choose to do with less by means with the setting in the car. A week ago i had it on 32A and forgot to tell my partner NOT to use to much electricity, ending up w ithdish washer etc, all working at the same time. I noticed my power usage was very high: 11,5 kW! Equals 50 amps, but the main fuse did not blow... :lol: :roll: :?:

The fuse will not blow when it's temporarily just above 50 Amps. It can hold a few amps above 50 amps for a while. Only with real short circuit and very high amps, it will blow in an instant. A dishwasher and laundry machine will take a high current for just moments, when they heat the water.

See this characteristics:

automaten.jpg

Back