Coding the i3

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
websterize said:
When you tried 8S4, did you also try removing 5AT? That's Driving Assistant Plus on my car's options sheet.

Didn't try that - we use the active cruise control regularly, so I wouldn't want to disable it.

Sparky said:
Love that active cruise control. Have you noticed that if the car doesn't come to a complete stop, the car will start to move again when the car in front moves.

And if it does come to a stop for long enough that it disengages, you can restart it by tapping the accelerator pedal once the car in front is moving again.

If the stop is short enough, it will start on its own. I don't remember the timing, but it is short, only a few seconds, then, it will wait until you start it either with resume or the go pedal.

Is there a way to disable the regenerative braking at all times. Like when you go over a bump, but permanent? Any help will be much appreciated. The regenerative braking is causing my wife motion sickness which is a big problem.

nimak5 said:
Is there a way to disable the regenerative braking at all times. Like when you go over a bump, but permanent? Any help will be much appreciated. The regenerative braking is causing my wife motion sickness which is a big problem.

Disabling the regen is like throwing away an important part of the car. It's a feature that helps to make the i3 the most efficient electric vehicle on the planet.

I suggest you spend time adapting your right foot driving style to the car. It's a simple process, and with a bit of effort your wife would not notice the regen if you modify your foot actions to moderate the changes between acceleration, coasting and deceleration.

Did your wife go on the test drive?

I33t said:
nimak5 said:

Disabling the regen is like throwing away an important part of the car. It's a feature that helps to make the i3 the most efficient electric vehicle on the planet.

I suggest you spend time adapting your right foot driving style to the car. It's a simple process, and with a bit of effort your wife would not notice the regen if you modify your foot actions to moderate the changes between acceleration, coasting and deceleration.

Did your wife go on the test drive?

Using Eco Pro vs Comfort will help with this as well.

I would be happy to help coding your cars and can do so in person (I live in NYC) or remotely (over the internet).

I'm trying to get the DRL tail lights on. The coding parameter list says;

++++

Turn On Tail Lights with DRLs:
3062 à MAPPING_TAGFAHRL_1_V_L_OUTPUT set to: tfl_l
3062 à MAPPING_TAGFAHRL_1_V_L_OUTPUT set to: tfl_l

++++

..only my car already have "tfl_l" and value "3" from the factory, but no DRL tail lights. Anyone have an idé what I need to code?

Anyone know if there is a way to get the Auto headlights and Auto wipers to stay on by default (ie. to not have to activate them every time car is switched off and on again)?

Auto headlights should be easy...place the rotary switch to Auto. But, given different country implementations, I'm not sure what lights that turns on during the day, if that was your goal. There are some choices on which lights turn on (daylight running lights) in the idrive menu, at least in the USA, and most of them can be programmed if you want to delve into that yourself or pay someone to do it for you.

I have the i3 REx Mega World, Nav Business (smaller 6.5" screen). Does anyone know if I can enable the Nav System in order to watch videos on it?

kc1 said:
jadnashuanh said:
Auto headlights should be easy...place the rotary switch...
Yes you're right, I forgot about that.

What about wipers?
The wipers actually will come on (very rarely) without being asked, but not to clear rain away! THere's logic in there that will once in awhile (not sure how often) actually run them through a cycle to prevent them taking a permanent set! Other than that, you have to either move the lever or press the button on the end to activate their auto sensing mode. At least, I've never figured out how to get them to come on by themselves otherwise. I tried some AquaPel on the windshield...it is supposed to be better and last longer than Rain-X, which I've been using on cars since the 1970's. I think I like Rain-X better! Plus, often, running around town, you're not going all that fast, and the wind and aerodynamics on the i3 doesn't lend itself for the air stream clearing the water off. It certainly DOES help if you get some snow or ice on there, though.

Having done a bit of coding on my F30 , anyonecome up with a sort of "must code" list for the i3. Just wondering what are the most common items to "must" code.

thanks

Unfortunately coding for me has come to an end as the dealer has updated the software to the latest version. This software needs PSdZ Data 55 and it seems that BMW has trimmed the files so you won't be able to see what you are coding. Most modules can't be read with PSdZ 54.3 Data. I hope there will be a solution in the near future.

Don't give up so easily.

All you need is psdzdata 54.1 and the eight missing CAFD files and one missing FAFP file.

I bought my obd cable from compubuildernet on ebay. He provided the files.

hamgolfer said:
Don't give up so easily.

All you need is psdzdata 54.1 and the eight missing CAFD files and one missing FAFP file.

I bought my obd cable from compubuildernet on ebay. He provided the files.

Well I have PSdZ Data 54.2 and I can't code most of the modules. Do you have the latest software on your BMW i3 & can you still see what you are coding? Maybe you can sent me the missing files?

Back