Couple of niggly problems, any electricians about! 12v socket problems

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TornadoRedV

Hi All,
Got a very niggly problem, hoping someone can send me the right way.
All 3 12v sockets don't work, came like it. Shouldnt be a hard fix right?
Fuse 65 was blown and replaced it, 127 all the way up the top is fine, still nothing?
Anyone had an issue of this nature before?
No odd codes on bimmer link about power etc so scratching my head a bit

If the fuses blew, it was for a reason. If you replace the fuse(s) and they don't blow but the sockets still don't work, I would suspect wiring issue perhaps caused by rodents chewing on them someplace.

Gotten to the bottom of it, could not believe it after expecting something like wiring damage.
Dash socket, not plugged in, middle socket (failed), boot socket..also not plugged in! USB also not plugged in
How people do this to cars is beyond me, but I now have 2 of 3 working and one on order plus USB connectivity!

Everything now works, managed to run the air compressor I have as a good test off each socket in turn to blow up the tyres so i'm quite satisfied it is fine now

I worked through mine on Saturday and found one blown fuse for the two in the cockpit, and the one in the dash was unplugged behind the dash. Only the one in the boot was working initially. Very strange indeed. I didn’t ask previous owner about any history on those.

Back