DC Fast Charge Option - where is it?

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

audiphile

Dealer is not being very helpful.. I'm thinking of leasing an I3 in base configuration. Dealer showed me two cars, one had a DC fast charge port and the other one did not. Both cars were 2015 model year.

Is a certain trim level equipped with this option, while another is not? BMWUSA.com doesn't seem to show this as a standalone option either.

I know there are not lots of stations on the east coast, but I think that option is a must on every EV for that one time that you'll need it.

Also, if anyone here is a dealer or know a good dealer in the NY Tri-State, I can use the information.
thanks in advance!

It's easy to check if the vehicle has that functionality...open the charging flap and if there is a round plug on the top and an oval one with two sockets below it (two separate caps), it has DC fast charging capability. It doesn't show up on the sticker as an option...it's listed as part of the standard equipment on the 2015 models in the USA.

Back