Ecotricity Ikea Wednesbury down (UPDATE: fixed!)

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

i7fan

For the first time since I started using it more than a month ago this charge point is down. Selecting DC fast charge (both CCS and Chademo) generated an error message. Some 'thermostatic' issue. Was asked to check the exhaust vents for clogging! Also mentioned resetting the unit. How an end user was to do that was not stated.
Since I was down to 9 miles range I immediately tried the L2 connector. It actually started charging. Checked the SoC and it went up a couple of percentage points. It then stopped saying it was waiting for a charge request from the car. Huh?

I did call. The L2 charging was proceeding at that time. After consulting with their techs was told that this is a known problem which happens intermittently and they have not been able to resolve it. Asked about resetting the EVSE and was told they cannot do it remotely! Did not believe that but did not want to pursue the matter.

This will happen on Level 2 if you unlock the car with comfort access. Not sure if it will restart when you lock the door again, it usually does after a small interval. It should re-request a charge. It does on the other points I use. When the charge finished on L2 at Nottingham IKEA the post said the same message as you have seen. So it means the car has stopped pulling juice. First time I had seen that as not usual to go to 100%. Don't think the post is faulty from what is described.

Edit. Just reread your post. That was exactly the same error I had during my 11 hour trip from Cardiff to Sheffield. It had just had melting snow so maybe it had rained? Sucking up moisture through the felt filters slows the airflow so that the sensors trip due to not enough cooling airflow?

Back