Firmware upgraded, but still no SOC!

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FrancisJeffries

I was leaving home on battery and had a dire warning come on saying "Drivetrain. Don't turn off the car. It will not turn on again. Go directly to a BMW garage!"

I did as I was bid, but the warning went away within 1/4 mile.
They had it in, couldn't find a fault, and upgraded the software. Doing so wiped all my presets.

But now I can't open the windows with a long press on the unlock button (thank God!), so now they can't blame me for inadvertently pressing the unlock button in my pocket when the windows wind themselves down in the next downpour and I can throw away that horrible bulky blue FOB holder.

I now have to press unlock twice to open the passenger door and the boot (trunk), too.

But there's still no SOC display, unless I'm looking in the wrong place.

The SOC, at least as implemented in the USA version, is one of the values obtained by pressing the button on the left-hand stalk which cycles through things like the TOD, mile/kw, temperature, etc. IOW, the value is not up all the time unless you select it.

If you do the DVDInMotion change, you get a constant SOC display. You have to go to the range extender option under settings.

Back