Fuel Tank Vent Valve ?

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FlashDrive

IMG_5972.png
Dealer tech video says i need one of these to quiet the engine light. See pic. It sits on the engine cover. He called it a fuel tank vent valve and said it had failed internally. I cannot find this part on the schematics. Does anyone know what it is? Thanks.

View attachment 384
Dealer tech video says i need one of these to quiet the engine light. See pic. It sits on the engine cover. He called it a fuel tank vent valve and said it had failed internally. I cannot find this part on the schematics. Does anyone know what it is? Thanks.
Note: i would love to have a part number to purchase and replace myself. Just found the item used on ebay used, put cannot seem to find it on bmw parts online or any other oem sites.

Just bought a used one on ebay. It has a bosch number on it, so i suppose i can try to get a new one somewhere? Autoparts store perhaps. Just need to pull the engine cover and try to find where it goes.

Thanks Airman. That part looks like it has an extra port when compared with the part that the tech was showing. I will let the used one from ebay come in and confirm which part is correct and where it goes. Thanks again.

Latest posts

Back