Germany

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stevei3

Hi Guys,

just for kicks, I am planning a short pan-European trip, perhaps through Germany to Zürich (CH). I did some planning using this German site: e-tankstellen-finder. Does anybody here know this site ? I guess it should be ok for it is linked from the official site of the Bundesverband der Energie- und Wasserwirtschaft, but still, the question remains: is this a good / the best German site to plan one's charging stops ?

With legs of about 100km each (of mainly off-motorway routes, so use of our REx can be avoided), with two stops at DC/50kW stations and the rest with stops @lunch or dinner @Type 2/22kW stations, it should be doable in 2 to 3 overnight stops. It would be nice if there were more than two DC stations along the way. Does anybody care to share tips about finding CCS stations in DE ?

Input will be much appreciated.
Regards, Steven

I have been tracking news about CCS chargers in Germany for a while and it's hard to find. The most I've found so far was on http://www.goingelectric.de/stromtankstellen/?suche=&verbund%5B%5D=alle&stecker%5B%5D=ccs
That site also lists slower chargers.

I believe that there are probably more CCS chargers at BMW i dealers. One in Düsseldorf is not on that site yet, for example. Your best bet would be to call BMW dealers on the route ahead of your trip to ensure the chargers are available.

Luckily the coverage of CCS chargers in Netherlands looks pretty good thanks to Fastned.nl. That's where I plan to go on my first trip after delivery of my BEV i3.

Hi,

our first stop towards Germany will be the FastNed station @ Haps (near Nijmegen) :geek:
I hope FastNed is able to realise the rest of their plans (dreams ?) the years to come....

Good tip about the BMW dealers. I'll try and contact the i agents along the way.

BTW: on the plus side: I have a route planned with one overnight stop with the longest leg being 131 km, mostly off-motorway and with some 'emergency' charging options @22kW along the way to add the odd km or two. Some motorway (~250 km of 821) could not be avoided in this route, alas.

Thanks, Steven

Edit: 22kW = AC, three phase, the i3 will charge @7.3kW. Why oh why BMW ?

Back