Giga vs Tera World

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pancakes213

I've been looking into lease offers and am coming across offers for similar vehicles with the only difference in options being Giga and Tera world trims. For Tera owners, is there anything specific that made you choose that trim? Are the leather seats any more comfortable? All leather is nice and easy to clean but I'm not really a fan of the dark color. Being in sunny California, I know it'll get hotter faster. I like the Giga color scheme but want to make sure I don't overlook any benefits of the Tera World.

pancakes213 said:
I've been looking into lease offers and am coming across offers for similar vehicles with the only difference in options being Giga and Tera world trims. For Tera owners, is there anything specific that made you choose that trim? Are the leather seats any more comfortable? All leather is nice and easy to clean but I'm not really a fan of the dark color. Being in sunny California, I know it'll get hotter faster. I like the Giga color scheme but want to make sure I don't overlook any benefits of the Tera World.

I prefer the look of the dark steering wheel/dash/seat surface and the ease of cleaning leather. I would say go with Giga if you like the look better.

I wanted Giga but ended up with Tera simply because that's what was on the dealer's lot (along with all the other options I wanted on the car ...).

Matter of personal preference in terms of the interior and the wheels. I will say this ... I recently saw an i3 at an auto show that had the Giga interior. The leather, after hundreds of people getting in and out of the car, was quite dirty/stained. I have the sense that dark pants or blue jeans will do this over time to the swath of leather in the cloth seats on the Giga trim.

Overall very happy with my choice of Tera ... very dark, but hides a multitude of sins :)

John

i3atl said:
pancakes213 said:

I prefer the look of the dark steering wheel/dash/seat surface and the ease of cleaning leather. I would say go with Giga if you like the look better.
Same for me.

Thanks for the replies and definitely a good observation, jcaponeg. I do like the look of the Tera too but mostly when matched with certain exterior colors. There are so many whites sitting in dealers lots right now and I prefer the Giga look with the white exterior. If the right spec'd white comes around, I'll probably try to get it with Giga trim but any other color I'll probably lean towards Tera for the same reasons jcaponeg's stated.

jcaponeg said:
I recently saw an i3 at an auto show that had the Giga interior. The leather, after hundreds of people getting in and out of the car, was quite dirty/stained. I have the sense that dark pants or blue jeans will do this over time to the swath of leather in the cloth seats on the Giga trim.

The Giga/Lodge leather does pick up color from dark denim. (The jeans carried warnings that the dye would transfer so no surprise.) But it doesn't stain. The smudges come off easily with leather cleaner/conditioner. Same story with the Saddle Brown leather seats in my E90 for what it's worth. But rather than being a problem, I just see it as a reminder to clean/condition the leather, which will help it long term. No dirt/stain issues at all with the fabric or light grey leather on the steering wheel/dash.

Back