Hello community! 👋

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chris22104

I just purchased a panda 2019 I3s Tera with 70k on it. Haven’t gotten it yet. Looking forward to some fun. Gotta buy a level 2 cord I believe (not sure if it comes with one or not yet.). 2 owner, clean carfax. I had an 08 Tesla roadster a number of years ago and loved it. Didn’t want to, but divorce made me sell it 😡
So this’ll be my first pure electric since. Can’t wait! 😃👍

Attachments

• IMG_4791.png
    IMG_4791.png
    1.8 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_4794.png
    IMG_4794.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_4796.png
    IMG_4796.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 0
Nice. Don't think it'll have that Level 2 you seek. Try amazon. Just make sure you have a 220v socket you can plug in to.

For 70k, that car looks super clean and cared for. Happy modding !!

Thank you! We’ll see; it’s coming from Texas. Should have it in a week or so. I do have a 220v 40amp breaker in my garage already. I guess from what I’ve read, I can’t go higher than 32a output on the charger? Is this correct?

Thank you! We’ll see; it’s coming from Texas. Should have it in a week or so. I do have a 220v 40amp breaker in my garage already. I guess from what I’ve read, I can’t go higher than 32a output on the charger? Is this correct?
A continuous load shouldn't exceed 80% of the breaker's rating, or 32 A in your case. The maximum AC charging power of an i3 is ~30 A, so you should be able to charge at full AC Level 2 power. Your EVSE should be set to a maximum input power of 32 A to avoid tripping the circuit breaker should another EV with a higher AC charging power be plugged in.

Latest posts

Back