Help! Car has bricked. Unable to move

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Drummo

Hi guys, new member and owner of a 2017 i3

Cant say im a happy new owner yet but still...

Car bricked itself a few days ago and ive been trawling this forum for help. Ive tried most things but its not helped.

Problems:
High voltage battery is dead
Cant open charging flap
Car is stuck in gear and N is flashing
Cant select P

Ive replaced the 12v battery as it was dead and due to fail.
New battery is fully charged
I registered new battery with Bimmerlink but all the faults remain.

Ive spend 2 days solid trying to figure this out and strating to lose the will to continue.

Car was completely fine until battery went dead. I live pretty remote so getting it towed anywhere is going to be expensive. im hoping someone here can help.

Thanks

Phil

"registering" the 12v does nothing to remove the error codes. Since you appear to have BimmerLINK, use it to view and then delete ALL error codes that it will allow you to do.

the only other suggestion would be to plug the car in and let it sit overnight. This simple procedure has "fixed" many of the issues like this in the past. There is an emergency cable release for the charging flap located behind a blue plastic plug that you can see when you open the passenger side REAR door and look down at the bottom of the hinge part of the car.

It only takes a gentle tug of 1/4" to release the charging door. If it does not release, do NOT pull "harder" as you will just break the cable (it is plastic).

Thank you for reply.

Ive left car on a trickle charger to top it up for tonight.

Fingers crossed i have some progress tomorrow

No updates overnight, car is still stuck and these fault codes remain

1A Electrical machine electronics
6 errors
222834: Charge management: CC message 804, charging not possible
222842: Charge management: charge failure
222851: Internal transmission monitoring - parking position currently not detectable
2228C0: SbW-Lev2: No switching of P recognized
222D27: Parking lock, Init: No data for PS open / closed available in NV-Ram
222011: E-machine resolver adjustment not carried out or rotor position sensor offset not in the tolerance band.

I’ve seen a couple of other posts online with same fault codes so I’m not alone on this problem. Unfortunately I’ve not found anything online with a fix. Please help :(

Looks like it needs and EME software update. I found this article so i hope it helps others

https://www.tsbsearch.com/BMW/SI-B61-46-17

No updates overnight, car is still stuck and these fault codes remain

1A Electrical machine electronics
6 errors
222834: Charge management: CC message 804, charging not possible
222842: Charge management: charge failure
222851: Internal transmission monitoring - parking position currently not detectable
2228C0: SbW-Lev2: No switching of P recognized
222D27: Parking lock, Init: No data for PS open / closed available in NV-Ram
222011: E-machine resolver adjustment not carried out or rotor position sensor offset not in the tolerance band.

I’ve seen a couple of other posts online with same fault codes so I’m not alone on this problem. Unfortunately I’ve not found anything online with a fix. Please help :(

Looks like it needs and EME software update. I found this article so i hope it helps others

https://www.tsbsearch.com/BMW/SI-B61-46-17
Curious if you were able to get this sorted with the update, or... ? I've got an almost identical issue I'm currently working through

Back