HOV Sticker Placement?

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

arlorose

Where are people putting the California HOV stickers?

Yiiikes posted these pics:
http://www.mybmwi3.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=1134

But I'm wondering what other people have done. There's not a whole lot of space to put them, from what I can tell... and I hate disrupting BMWs design.

I'm tempted to just not put them on unless I really need to, then put them on with double sided tape or something temporary for that drive. :)

I plan on putting the smaller sticker onthe back bumper under the backup light only. I think its ridiculous that California needs to have three giant stickers plastered all over the car. Somehow we drive around with registration stickers on our license plates that are the size of a stamp and we manage just fine. I placed the one sticker on my Active E and I had no issues. A good thing about the i3 is that everyone seems to intrinsically know that it is an electric car. With that said I will keep the other two stickers in the glove box incase I get hassled.

Update for CA carpool stickers: Called in this morning and talked to DMV. The woman on the line has yet to receive official word of release of more green stickers. They are currently processing applications from April. So in any case it will be a while...

I agree it's ridiculous.

Perhaps the small one next to the i3 badge. It's on the glass there, and if they change the deal with clean air vehicle stickers, won't destroy the paint scraping it off.

I was relieved to get my green HOV stickers in the mail today.

Any problems so far on your placement of a single sticker on the glass by the i3 logo?

I can't imagine the need for all 4 either - yuck.

You just received Green HOV stickers for CA? I was under the impression that the allocation for green stickers was completely gone, at least for calendar 2014. Still waiting for my plates but I assumed I would have to wait for 2015 for more green stickers?

They are going fast per the DMV page.

Per budget trailer bill, SB 853 (Statutes 2014, chapter 27), the green decal limit has been increased by 15,000 to a total of 55,000 stickers.

As of August 25, 2014, 52,034 "green" stickers have been issued. Green stickers are valid through January 1, 2019.

Stuart

ericblz said:
I was relieved to get my green HOV stickers in the mail today.

Any problems so far on your placement of a single sticker on the glass by the i3 logo?

I can't imagine the need for all 4 either - yuck.

No issues whatsoever. They may actually appreciate the placement, so much more visible than down low by the wheels, our cars don't have much room there and they end up being cocked or otherwise interfering with the lines of the car

Back