How many miles until first tyre change?

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

psquare

We're rapidly approaching the 10k mile mark in our i3 and I was wondering at which mileage people had to replace their tyres. My guess is that the rear ones wear out first. We still have a good few mm left, it seems. From previous front-wheel drive cars I remember 16-19k mi, depending on driving style.

Any experiences?

The i3 isn't FWD, it's RWD.

Based on the FB group posts, the average for the 19" all season (EP600) tires seems to be 20-25K for the rears, and 35-40K for the fronts (although not many people have needed to replace fronts yet).

The 20" (EP500) summer tires average closer to 15K for the rears and 20K for the fronts.

Of course, this varies based on driving style. Some people have done better, and vice versa.

Thanks for relaying this info from the FB Group.

20k - 25k mi for the rear ones is good going. Out of interest, I checked prices yesterday and found that the 19" all-season EP600's are about £116 fitted in the UK.

psquare said:
We're rapidly approaching the 10k mile mark in our i3 and I was wondering at which mileage people had to replace their tyres. My guess is that the rear ones wear out first. We still have a good few mm left, it seems. From previous front-wheel drive cars I remember 16-19k mi, depending on driving style.

Any experiences?

Just at 30k miles on a 2014 i3 BEV. The rears were shot at 18,000 miles but the fronts are still going! They will probably last another 2-3k. The car does a 50:50 mixture of short trips on country roads and motorways.

Back