how much did you pay? above or below MSRP?

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So I paid MSRP. I have an electronaut edition that a buyer who ordered two backed out on one and the dealer offered it to me.

I asked about reducing price but he said there is just way too much demand.

One interesting thing. I came in with 865 credit score here in US and they did not offer me the 2.99% instead 3.99% financing, so I showed them the sheet that is floating around the internet on rates, residuals, etc. Be sharp and firm.

I went with ownerschoice, no flex. So the flex is convenient but you pay more in the end. The interest is based on the amount financed, so by lowering the amount financed, my total interest saved over 3 years is almost $700. Sure I need to give them $7500 now and I could have keep that, invested it and made more than $700. I just chose not to.

I will be able to take advantage of full fed $7500 tax credit, plus the $2500 California rebate.

Have385 miles on it and love it.

Sean

I just ordered my i3 REX this week and paid $500 over invoice out the door. It probably helps that I live in Oklahoma which is a low demand state. I think the dealer just wanted to get one out the door.

stumbledotcom said:
BoMW said:
And when it comes time for service, the Texas customer cannot speak to the local employees. The owner has to call Tesla HQ in California with the service requests. Tesla HQ then speaks to the Texas mechanics.

As a Tesla Model S owner, I can confirm that the above is ABSOLUTELY FALSE AND UNTRUE. You absolutely CAN contact local Tesla service to schedule service for your Model S, and that is how everyone does it. There are no restrictions on communication with your service facility.

Tesla will valet another Model S loaner to your door when they pick up your car for service. When you buy a brand new Tesla, it is delivered to your home on a flat bed truck or you can pick it up after being prepped at your local service center.

AmpedRealtor said:
As a Tesla Model S owner, I can confirm that the above is ABSOLUTELY FALSE AND UNTRUE. You absolutely CAN contact local Tesla service to schedule service for your Model S, and that is how everyone does it. There are no restrictions on communication with your service facility.

Tesla will valet another Model S loaner to your door when they pick up your car for service. When you buy a brand new Tesla, it is delivered to your home on a flat bed truck or you can pick it up after being prepped at your local service center.

AmpedRealtor, you don't identify your location. Are you in Texas? The situation I cited applies only to Texas because of its restrictive dealer franchise laws. I freely admit that I have no first-hand knowledge of the situation. I'm not a Tesla owner and I do not live in Texas, as you can see from my profile. I paraphrased information from the linked article. If you are in Texas and your personal experiences differ from those reported by GreenCarReports.com, I—and I'm certain others here—would welcome a complete, non-hysterical report.

Ordered mine yesterday from a dealer in Texas. Had to pay MSRP. They would not budge on anything. Salesman did agree to give me and my husband BMW golf shirts when the vehicle comes in. :)

Here in NJ, I asked if there is any loyalty cash being offered and the dealer says there is none but can be worked out to match that. I would imagine the dealers are going $1K off MSRP.

Does anyone think the i3 might have some of these loyalty cash deals towards the end of the year? I am in no rush but want to wait till end of december to save some money.

Also, I am planning on Owners choice option (not the flex). That way I can get full tax credit.

lseitz said:
Ordered mine yesterday from a dealer in Texas. Had to pay MSRP. They would not budge on anything. Salesman did agree to give me and my husband BMW golf shirts when the vehicle comes in. :)

I live in Virginia, but was just offered an i3 for less than MSRP from a dealer in Maryland. Their price for a base REx with heated seats ($47,025) was $44,733 for a savings around $2,300. The monthly payment for OC w/Flex no money out of payment including 4% tax and $250 worth of fees came to $524 with $400s possible with money down. BMW of Ann Arbor (MI) was offering both BEV and REx i3 for $3-4,000 below sticker. Looks like they moved quite a few at that price.

Per the i3 FB page, looks like customers have received anything from a few hundred dollars off to something close to $3,000 off MSRP.

Thanks for the reply.
I believe they will be discounting the REx a lot in NJ a lot because REx is about $7K to $8K more in NJ (REx cost + sales tax on the vehicle).
For the same reason, I am looking into BEV. $8K is probably not worth the REx. I would rather rent out few times that I think I might need it. I would be driving with the limitations of the BEV.

The regular BEV has no sales tax from NJ as it is zero emissions.

I paid MSRP as well, but BMW NA has arranged for a slight discount for those that helped conduct the ActiveE field trial over the past two years. Based on what I've heard in the i3 Facebook group, I think that anything upward of a $1K discount is a pretty good deal!

On 7/03 I ordered a fully loaded i3 Tera World with all the options except 20" wheels BEV, got 3% off. Now I have to wait on manufacturing, was told at dealership it should be approximately 6 wks. Dealer said it was one of their allocations.

furymn said:
As I get ready to buy a REX, I want to gauge what price others are paying?

1. Pure Electric or REX?
2. How much below/above MSRP?
3. City, State

Thanks in advance!
  • - BEV, $695 below MSRP, Southern California

I was happy to get that as I had to place an order. Dealer stock was very low at 5 dealerships I communicated with in my area. There were 3 BEVS I could have driven off but they all had odd colors or missing options I wanted. Overall, I feel the deal was fair in my area. There is also a state refund of $2,500 I will be able to obtain in addition to the federal $7,500.

I just ordered mine in South Carolina at a small dealership and negotiated a $2k discount off an REX. I also checked with a few other dealerships in Florida and was told that they wouldn't discount it at all, and that the dealerships in Miami were even taking orders above MSRP. In one case $40,000 over for the i8...

I'm sure the dealer discounts are effected by their market.

Purchased $54K Giga Demo, with DC Charger that I required for 5% off from my long-time dealer. And with demo comes 6-month BMW warranty extension--not a bad trade-off for 117 miles, about 17 of which were mine.

Back