How to kill ventilation-A/C?

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

agj

Ok, this time is my turn to ask ... :)

You all surely realised that the i3's ventilation/Airco system automatically fires up each time you turn the car on when the temperature difference between the exterior and the cabin is above a certain threshold.
Though the feature is ok most of the time, I would like to be able to turn it off, so I can decide whether I need cabin air conditioning by myself on a case by case basis. That is, that the ventilation/Airco does not turn on automatically whatever the outside/inside temperature is.

Has anyone figured out how to do that?

RJSATLBA said:
On most cars I've had with fully auto climate control, including a BMW a few years ago, you just pressed the fan speed override button on the 'minus' side until it goes off completely.

Indeed, this is how to shut the air conditioning off in the i3 too. But that is not my "problem". :D

What I mean is that the air conditioning starts automatically when the car is turned on in certain conditions. I would like the air conditioning system NOT to start automatically whatever the conditions.

Sorry if I was not clear the first time. :oops:

I'd like the same - but I've not found any way of setting the defaults. I'd also like it to default to EcoPro rather than Comfort. I've just learned to press a couple of buttons every time I start.

Given my experience with other BMWs I doubt that you will be able to set EcoPro as the default. However, in the past a/c off seems to be remembered by the individual key settings. So if you leave the car with the A/C off and then go back with the same key it may remember that setting.

MikeS said:
So if you leave the car with the A/C off and then go back with the same key it may remember that setting.
Unfortunately that's not the case.

I fully agree with SanSerif and Agj.

It's a shame the car won't be able to recall the last setting. Even though, it's not a big deal to push buttons once or twice a day.

Back