how to pre condition the i3

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

barrychan

hi
i know how by using the main menu but if i want to just go out to the car and warm up the cabin....how....cause every time i go out to the car and start it up, turn on the heat and then minutes later it shuts off ??

Bring the car to Ready state so the high-voltage battery pack will be charging the 12 v. battery, set the climate control system as you desire, and exit through the passenger door so the car will remain in the Ready state.

Two alternatives for preconditioning the cabin are with a smartphone, or with the key fob — in the North American market, you can re-program the panic button to precondition the cabin. Have to change it via coding, though.

You can choose "Activate Climate Control" from either the Settings/Climate screen in iDrive, or by putting the car into Ready state and then shutting it off. The later should give you the screen asking about whether you want to activate climate control. Choosing the check-box will turn on cabin pre-conditioning and run for ~25 minutes.

Back