i3 Code Oddity?

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user 1637

Hi Folks!

I've got an interesting question for all you coders out there. So I coded by car earlier this year to my hearts delight :D . All the fun bells-n-whistles, but most importantly the fuel tank to 2.5g and the Hold SOC. So yesterday I brought my car up to take care of a service notification (2-yr brake fluid flush). While up there, the guys decided to reprogram my car due to a technical service bulletin, SIB612116. I was a little annoyed :? because it would wipe my settings, but I didn't fret since coding was easy. That night I hooked up the ole' laptop and downloaded the latest psdzdata lite (59.4.004) from my fav link (I already have the latest E-sys). I then connected to my car and went to work. And this is the odd part...when i connected and read the ECU, I only had 2 modules :?: . Simply BDC_Body and BDC_GW. And BDC_Body had the only CAFD to read and edit. No HU or KOMBI or any of the other modules that you'd look at to code.

Any ideas why this is? Could this simply be a case that I have newer software than the psdzdata? I will say that I could not find any information on the service bulletin when I googled it. I was about ready to take a trip on Friday and I really wanted to have...at a minimum...the Hold SOC since I'm heading to the Mountains.

I had exactly the same issue, solved by downloading the latest psdzdata. It was a couple of months ago, I don't remember the exact versions.

You must keep up to date on the psdzdata files. Sometimes, there's a delay before they become available after a factory firmware update change, so you might not be able to reprogram things if their software just changed for awhile.

Well, I think I'm "up-to-date" on psdzdata given that it seems that 59.4.004 is the latest. I just downloaded it last night. But maybe this service bulletin is brand new?!? I can't find anything on it to know what it is and exactly what the reprogramming actually did.

<<SOLVED>>

I can't believe I'm going to admit this...but I was a dumba$$. I didn't have my i3 fully turned on! :(

Step 1: Turn ON the car
Step 2: plug in computer
Step 3: Start software and Go Baby Go!

All coded up!

Thanks all!

Back