Iphone 6--Enhanced BT

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BoMW

I have a simple question to owners who have enhanced bluetooth in their i3's and use a iPhone 6. Are you able to, see text SMS messages, have them read out, reply to them, delete them and compose new SMS messages?

I am trying to find out whether the snap in holder in the arm rest, enhances the pairing. I have office coded in to my i3 and see message envelopes, see the message but I can't do anything further with them.

You have coded in office menu and you DO have SMS visible on the i3? Does this happen only when plugged in via USB.

I've coded the office menu on mine but haven't seen any message envelopes. I don't plug in my phone though--100% Bluetooth.

spinball said:
You have coded in office menu and you DO have SMS visible on the i3? Does this happen only when plugged in via USB.

I've coded the office menu on mine but haven't seen any message envelopes. I don't plug in my phone though--100% Bluetooth.

Yes I attach the usb to my iphone6 and when I look into office, all messages I'll see 3 envelopes, SMS, email, I drive messages.
When a text is received the first envelope shows 1, if I receive 2 emails the next envelope shows 2. Only if I enter will I see the details of the text/email.

Now with a Samsung phone envelopes show but to the side is a vertical list of the details of all historic messages. You can also reply, delete, or compose new using the I drive.

This is not possible with my iPhone pairing

Back