Iphone over Bluetooth: No SMS tone

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DeJay58

Hi!

I have my i3 for 4 days now and the big smile is still in my face :)

There is only on thing I don't like at the moment and this is the little problem with my Iphone 5 that I have connected via bluetooth to the car. And it works fine.
Calling, Siri, music, everything works as I need it. But when someone sends me a short message neither the phone nor the car makes a noise to tell me. If there is a call, the phone and the car (both) rings.

That means the car ignores any sounds from the phone (email notifications, clicks...) except the call ringtones.

Does anybody here has an iphone and the same issue or maybe a solution?

Thank you from Austria :)

DeJay58 said:
Hi!

I have my i3 for 4 days now and the big smile is still in my face :)

There is only on thing I don't like at the moment and this is the little problem with my Iphone 5 that I have connected via bluetooth to the car. And it works fine.
Calling, Siri, music, everything works as I need it. But when someone sends me a short message neither the phone nor the car makes a noise to tell me. If there is a call, the phone and the car (both) rings.

That means the car ignores any sounds from the phone (email notifications, clicks...) except the call ringtones.

Does anybody here has an iphone and the same issue or maybe a solution?

Thank you from Austria :)

Yes, you are right! I just discovered it myself this morning. Not chime, but it did vibrate.
It is as if the iPhone 5 goes to "Do not disturb" mode when connected to the car BT system. It sounds like a security feature to me but I don't know whether it comes from the car or from the iPhone.

Back