iRemote/ConnectedDrive communication problem

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

agj

Since yesterday morning, I cannot see the car's status on the iRemote app nor on the ConnectedDrive portal.
It seems that other remote functions still work ok : I can send a horn or climatize command from the app.
Missing data are range, state of charge (%), plugged or unplugged, etc.

I tried to delete/register-again the car on the portal yesterday evening. This did work and fixed the data transmission but only for a few hours. This morning, car status appeared as "unknown" though it was plugged and fully charged.

Has anyone experienced this before?

Hi,

experiencing this right now, since yesterday afternoon. Switching on the lights and programming departure time seem to work, just like in your case. Fun bit (?) the car also did't recognise the charged battery this morning so it didn't preheat.

Steven

Stevei3 said:
Hi,

experiencing this gight now, since yesterday afternoon. Switching on the lights and programming departure time seem to work, just like in your case. Fun bit (?) the car also did't recognise the charged battery this morning so it didn't preheat.

Steven

Uh! That sounds like a servers problem. Maybe you could inform your local ConnectedDrive department as I did so BMW knows that it could be a generalised issue.

agj said:
Uh! That sounds like a servers problem.

Yes, I was reading the German i3 forum yesterday and there was a thread on there about this problem as well.

Made the call. I was told I was the umpteenth caller about this issue, since yesterday.
The very friendly associate told me the Germans are already on to it, but no solution as of yet.

Steven

Back