Is this a good lease offer? I think so!

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lupend88

I am highly considering this deal. Any opinions on whether it's a good lease or not? I'm not looking to buy out of fear that technology will be much better with EV's by the time my lease is up. Any thoughts would be very much appreciated, thank you!

$239/month for 24 months.
• $4,034 Cash due at signing
◦ $239 First months payment
◦ $3,000 Down payment
◦ $0 Security Deposit
◦ $795 Acquisition fee
• Included in payment: $2,000 Innovations Credit, $5,500 Lease Cash, included in payment.

It doesn't mention the MSRP, but I do know that it's not a REX model. And there is no tax here in Oregon so yes that includes tax!

lupend88 said:
It doesn't mention the MSRP, but I do know that it's not a REX model. And there is no tax here in Oregon so yes that includes tax!

The $2K Innovations Credit went away at the end of the year as far as I know, but if they're still going to provide the same amount then that's not a negative.

We would need to know MSRP and how much you're getting off MSRP in order to know whether or not this is a good deal.

I just found it from their website,

"Starting at $42,400 MSRP" is what it states. Any idea then if this is good or not?

lQMdXwiI

On a 2014 model, you should get 15%-20% off MSRP, and that doesn't include the trunk money. Remember that in some markets, the i3 is a toxic car, especially the BEV. Good for the buyer.

Above is a zero-down deal. Drive-off is the first month's payment. I guessed at Oregon DMV fees. Assumes 55% RV. The base acquisition fee is $725, and anything above that is markup. And accept a MF no higher than .00125 — that is base rate.

If you have a $7,500 tax liability, consider financing with Owner's Choice + Flex. With the $2K innovation credit that you say is still available, you'd get up to $9,500 in rebates and incentives.

See http://leasematic.com.

lupend88 said:
I just found it from their website,

"Starting at $42,400 MSRP" is what it states. Any idea then if this is good or not?

That's for a base model with no options - you need to know the actual MSRP for the car you're buying.

Just agreed to a 3 year 30K lease on a Mega i3 with heated seats and all weather mats as the only options. When compared to the national lease of $329 with $4124 cash for 24 months I think this is an excellent lease.

MSRP $43,385
Cash at closing $2,900 (includes 1st payment, down payment [$2000], title, plates, fees)
Residual $22,896
Lease $284.36

This will be replacing my 2012 Volt lease which has worked very well for us. 90% of my use is within the 40 mile range of the Volt (other than in winter months) so not having a gas engine should be no problem. Looking forward to our fourth EV dating back to 1976.

Archie

Back