Lack of Customisation......

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Parker

Cast your mind back to a time when we were grabbing at straws for the smallest snippet of info ...... and then along came this BMW choreographed "spy" photo.

2014-BMWi3.jpg

We now know its a production car ........ but absolutely no mention of being able to change different body panels in the launch info ....as this car shows........ or change anything really.

Is customisation not the first rule of Premium?

Just wondering .......originally we were told Frankfurt was going to be the i3's public debut. Now we've had the World launch, local launches ... what is there to do at Frankfurt? ...... I'm just wondering if the configuration element of the i3 is being held back to give the Frankfurt Motor Show some interesting new info and angle ......

Its been a week now since the World Launch and I don't know of any BMW country where the configurator actually works and configures a car, you can't add any options.

Maybe I'm reading to much into it.

My thanks to ChrisB for creating my ideal interior out of Loft and Suite elements.

2rqmw4o.jpg

This is the option list in Dutch and German.
There is not that much of customisation as a regular 1 / 3 or 5 series

http://www.bmw.de/de/neufahrzeuge/bmw-i/i3/2013/fakten.html

https://www.bmw.nl/nl/modellen/bmw-i/i3/showroom/intro.html

The configurator doesn't work at the moment............

Parker said:
That's quite specific, have you been told something?

No.

BMW typically makes production changes two times a year. One is now, for cars coming out in the fall. The other is for cars delivered in March.

The free NAV offer is for cars delivered before March and that leads me to suspect they are planning other changes for cars sold Q2 2014.

AndrewDebbie said:
Parker said:
That's quite specific, have you been told something?

No.

BMW typically makes production changes two times a year. One is now, for cars coming out in the fall. The other is for cars delivered in March.

The free NAV offer is for cars delivered before March and that leads me to suspect they are planning other changes for cars sold Q2 2014.

Lets hope there's a bit more customisation soon ..... another example is one of the items that is standard in one of the US trim levels (garage door opener) isn't even available to order as an option here in Europe yet, so I'd imagine at some point that will be introduced..... maybe in the March refresh.

Back