Live Traffic in the US as a Standard Feature on MY17

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

coupedncal

I noticed model year 17 is going to have standard live traffic. Does someone know if that will be offered in the base navigation? If so, has the base navigation changed from previous models? I recently got a software upgrade on my model year 14 and i now see a listing for live traffic in the base navigation (i don't have professional navigation) but the update button doesn't update traffic. Just wondering how they pulled this off for model year 17.

coupedncal said:
I noticed model year 17 is going to have standard live traffic. Does someone know if that will be offered in the base navigation?
Advanced Real-Time Traffic Information is standard on the 2017 i3 94 Ah, not the i3 60 Ah. Both ship with Business navigation as standard options in the U.S., according to the 2017 ordering guides. Since tele-services is standard in both models, I would guess the same hardware is also in place on both, but the software programming is different.

websterize said:
coupedncal said:
I noticed model year 17 is going to have standard live traffic. Does someone know if that will be offered in the base navigation?
Advanced Real-Time Traffic Information is standard on the 2017 i3 94 Ah, not the i3 60 Ah. Both ship with Business navigation as standard options in the U.S., according to the 2017 ordering guides. Since tele-services is standard in both models, I would guess the same hardware is also in place on both, but the software programming is different.

What you have stated makes a lot of sense.

Back