Mapping BMW i3 Owners

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
scottlawrencelawson said:
OK, I updated the map with the new folks here and a lot of other over on the BMW i3 Facebook group. The link is active so you do not need to be a member of Facebook or this forum to actually view the map. I investigating opening this up for self-editing but the tool I use (Google Fusion Tables) required me to specify people by name. Anyway, I don't mind doing it while wating for my i3 . . . still at the port in DE. I think I fixed the UK zoon issue but let me know if it needs corrections. :)

https://www.google.com/fusiontables...=1&z=2&l=col3&y=2&tmplt=2&hml=ONE_COL_LAT_LNG

Thats better - thank you! Mike, Rottingdean, East Sussex, England

I posted this on your Facebook thread, but I know things can get lost in the weird way Facebook does their timeline.

I think you have a bug in your map. If you have multiple people in one city they all layer on top of each other. You can kinda tell by how thick the shadows are in San Francisco and Mountain View, for example.

Obviously, it's not a technical bug, but if you're going to list multiple people in a city you either need to vary their location a bit (just wiggle their lat/long a bit), or start getting slightly more accurate addresses from them (or a level in which people are comfortable from a privacy perspective).

arlorose said:
I posted this on your Facebook thread, but I know things can get lost in the weird way Facebook does their timeline.

I think you have a bug in your map. If you have multiple people in one city they all layer on top of each other. You can kinda tell by how thick the shadows are in San Francisco and Mountain View, for example.

Obviously, it's not a technical bug, but if you're going to list multiple people in a city you either need to vary their location a bit (just wiggle their lat/long a bit), or start getting slightly more accurate addresses from them (or a level in which people are comfortable from a privacy perspective).

I saw your comment on FB, just now getting around to reply. You are right, I have only collected locations by city/town name as the smallest geographical unit so people in the same city are stacked. I have thought about jiggling it around a bit as you say, but have not gotten around to it yet. I tried to get the numbers of people in each city with more than one, and even tried another free tool, but that did not help. When I get som time, I make the dot a bit more visible while I wait impatiently for my i3 to get on the ship! :cry:

Back