March software update?

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The most expensive way to update your maps is to pay the dealer to do it for you. NExt, is to buy the mapsand an FSC code from them on a USB stick, and do it yourself. A much less expensive option is to search one of the BMW boards for a person that can provide the links to the map data (useless without the FSC code that is unique to your vehicle), and have them generate an FSC code for you. Be prepared to download 24g of data! If you have a slow connection, that may put you off! Once you have the files and the FSC code, you just plug in the usb drive, and a menu will pop up asking if you want to update then ask for the code...enter that, and the rest is automatic.

Accessing the service menu has been discussed, and a search will find it without having to repost that info. You can get the files to update your idrive entertainment functionality from the BMW website...you need to put in your VIN to ensure you get the right stuff. THey don't update that all that often. YOu can check what versions you have from the idrive menu and get an idea by the release date of the files on the BMW website to see if there's anything. In the year I've had mine, there was one update, but I haven't looked for a couple of months now.

Back