Missing in N. America: Atelier a.k.a. Studio a.k.a. Kilo

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

websterize

2013-frankfurt-motor-show-premieres-bmw-i3-photo-gallery_22.jpg

2013-frankfurt-motor-show-premieres-bmw-i3-photo-gallery_19.jpg

Photos by autoevolution.com

Any "Atelier" interiors in the house? It is the standard hotness.

To recap, here the the interior Worlds, depending on where you live:
Europe et al: Atelier-Loft-Lodge-Suite
North America: Mega-Giga-Tera

The Atelier, or studio, World is classic BMW, with the proper black steering wheel. Currently, it isn't available in the USA. If so, it might have been called Kilo, if we're following the computer analogy. Although, apparently, it's a step down, Kilo looks so much better than the base Mega interior, the least expensive of the lot in 2014 U.S. i3s.

Kilo is all business. Soccer moms in fleece brush their hair in Mega.

BMW should offer Atelier or Kilo (or whatever it's called) as an interior in North America.

I agree with websterize that the black steering wheel looks a lot better than the current tan versions for sale here in the US. The blue insert is available in certain color combinations - I have seen it in versions of the Laurel Grey and Andesite Silver metallics. However, the blue insert around the steering wheel does pop against the black along with the matching blue insert around the BMW logo in the center of the steering wheel... pretty cool.

I found the part number for the black leather wheel with the blue trim: 32306870779 Now all I need to do is find out how to order euro BMW parts...

Atelier is the default interior in France. I am picking up the BEV next Tuesday and will check. From what I remember when ordering the car, it did look very good, so much that I did not upgrade. It is however a bit darker than the pictures posted here.

Back