Need help on getting a used i3 electric motor

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

yangbozhi

:D i3 Fellows

I am deeply amazed by the power density of i3 motor. So I really want to get a BMW i3 motor and study its design. Can anybody advise where I can purchase a used one?

I searched internet but can not find a used one (probably i3 is very new). I called BMW dealer, and was told a new one is $5600. It is too much for me. Thanks much. My email is yangbozhi @ yahoo . com Thanks again.

My guess is that unless you can find a totaled i3, you're not going to find a used motor out there! At these early stages, my guess is that any that have failed will be returned to BMW R&D to be torn down to do a forensic analysis to figure out if it is a design problem or a production problem to isolate the reason for the failure.

Agree with you that -- at this time any i3 electric motor failure is probably covered by the warranty, unless it had severe accident and somebody sell the motor.

Wonder how many years the i3 drivetrain is covered by BMW warranty? Thanks fellows!

I already talked to the bridgewater dealer and I much like the youtube video.
These info helps greatly. You guys are fantastic...

Back