New Color Options for 2016

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TomMoloughney

BMW has added three new colors (Fluid Black, Mineral Grey and Platinum Silver) and discontinued Laurel Grey, Arravani Grey and Andesite Silver for 2016. I posted the full details on my i3 blog for those interested:

http://bmwi3.blogspot.com/2015/09/2016-brings-new-colors-to-i3.html

When I saw that announced on twitter this morning, my first thought was - why don't they release a nice red colour....I'm sure I'd seen one somewhere online and I think it might well be the one in your blog ! Its all a bit grey/black/white - solar orange being the only exception.

Yea, that fluid black is sexy

but, having owned 2 black cars ...

'87 Buick Grand National and '95 Camaro Z28

they look great for the 5 minutes after washing .....

never again.

:lol:

bmw-i3-i01-fluid-black-iaa-2015-front-XL.jpg

justanotherdrunk said:
but, having owned 2 black cars ...

'87 Buick Grand National and '95 Camaro Z28

they look great for the 5 minutes after washing .....

never again.
I agree. Plus those of us who live in sunny, warm climates would notice the hotter interiors of a black car compared with a lighter colored car. I've been considering wrapping the roof of our i3 with white vinyl to reduce the impact of the sun on interior temperatures, but then I'd have an even uglier 3-tone car. It would probably look better if the hood and tailgate were also wrapped white. With our ugly Arravani Grey (good riddance!) i3, we'd then have a reverse Storm Trooper or Panda :)

Back