New i3 Owner - Good deal?

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Warpus

Hi all I'm new here and I just picked up my new Solar Orange Tera last night with parking assist package, Tech+Driving assist package, and Harman/Kardon Premium sound.

$7450 off MSRP of $52000+ $7500 TAX CREDIT
$2500 Down Payment to be reimbursed by $2500 CA TAX REBATE.
30 Month Lease with 10000 miles annually.
Money factor 0.00108
Monthly Payment $344 plus tax.

Seem pretty good?

Love my new i3. Looking forward to it being my daily commuter.

$7,450 off MSRP is excellent! I only got $7,000 off for mine - I should have asked for more!

based on your lease payment they must have place a serious depreciation on the vehicle for 30 months. Depreciation for 24 months was 63% for my car. Looks like your depreciation is more around 50-51% of MSRP for 30 months when I do the math. Seems high.

I believe depreciation was about 59% for the car for 30 months. Not as good as 63%, certainly.

speaking of 24 months vs 30 months. in california we get the $2500 rebate only if the lease is longer than 30 months. based on the depreciation numbers asnes brought up i'm wondering if the $2500 rebate is offset by the higher depreciation. Not really needing the car to be longer than a 24 month lease but if an extra 6 months yields $2500 back i'd be up for it as i'm in the mindset that 2017 will bring a whole different animal in regards to range and moving on to the next gen will be the best approach.

Looking for a fully loaded REX in Arravani Gray w/terra interior here in the bay area

b

mcreston said:
Looking for a fully loaded REX in Arravani Gray w/terra interior here in the bay area

That's my favorite color too, but tera comes with a brown leather seats and IMO that looks really odd with a gray exterior. To each his own though.

They have several at Stevens Creek - Arravani Gray, Tera world, parking & technology packages, and 20" double spoke wheels. One thing I'm not sure about is the Harman Kardon speakers. But given that the MSRP is showing over $55k I think they might.

Back