No traffic info

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

icthere

I got my 2017 i3 with Tecnology package two weeks ago. Since I had the dealer register me for BMW Assist, all the ConnectedDrive features are working except for RTTI. The car shows no traffic info whatsoever. The genius at my dealership told me today that BMW "messed up" during the production of some i3s including mine causing RTTI to not work. He said that BMW is working on a fix but there is no estimate of when they could come up with one. He advised that I set up an appointment with the service department to make sure I have the most up-to-date software. Was curious to know if anyone else has been affected by this.

I have just got mine to so still finding my way around the various settings. Does the RTTI only show up in navigation mode or when the passive map is up?

Bandyrobs said:
I have just got mine to so still finding my way around the various settings. Does the RTTI only show up in navigation mode or when the passive map is up?
It can suggest a rerouting if you are using a route, but shows up anytime it is enabled (and working, in your case!).

Thanks everyone.

Gif said:
eneka said:
yup, ALL 2017 BMWs are affected. Not just i3's
My 2017 i3 RTTI is working fine!
Your account info shows you're not in the US. Anyone in the US with working RTTI? If it's not limited to i3, BMW must come up with something very soon.

icthere said:
Thanks everyone.

Gif said:
eneka said:
yup, ALL 2017 BMWs are affected. Not just i3's
Your account info shows you're not in the US. Anyone in the US with working RTTI? If it's not limited to i3, BMW must come up with something very soon.

It's supposedly fixed now,

Go to Connected Drive->BMW Assist-> push the "Options" buttons, and "Update BMW Assist"

eneka said:
icthere said:
Thanks everyone.

Gif said:

It's supposedly fixed now,

Go to Connected Drive->BMW Assist-> push the "Options" buttons, and "Update BMW Assist"
Yep! Working now. Thanks...

Back