Okay lease deal?

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

petera

Just leased a 2015 Mega with the tech and parking packages, 20" wheel and the Laurel grey paint which was apparently extra.
2500. down, includes the the first months payment. 402. per month for 24 months. 10,000 miles per year. Purchase at lease end for 30,000
Seattle Washington.

Well, since the lease is finalized, I suppose congrats are in order! If you're happy with the payment, that's great - just enjoy the great new ride!

I think people have done better and worse than you.

Assuming BEV, not REX, your car MSRPed at $48K, you should have gotten a $1K options credit, and the $7500 leasing credit(in place of the Fed tax credit for a purchase), bringing it down to about $40K or so, and the sum of your payments approximately bring you down to the $30K residual. However, I'm guessing you didn't get much of a discount off MSRP other than the options credit, and there's quite a few cars on Autotrader being offered with steeper discounts. We'd have to see what your negotiated cap cost, and MF is to see how your deal measured up!

Also, those 20" wheels with summer tires are going to be no good in any cold, so I'd leave the i3 at home when freezing conditions are predicted in the NW.

If it makes you feel better about your purchase, the Laurel Grey is a tough color to find. I'm searching for one with Giga interior and can't find it in Silicon Valley regardless of packages. The 20" double spoke rims really look sharp IMO and I think you got a great combo

johnnylingo said:
If it makes you feel better about your purchase, the Laurel Grey is a tough color to find. I'm searching for one with Giga interior and can't find it in Silicon Valley regardless of packages. The 20" double spoke rims really look sharp IMO and I think you got a great combo

i think bmw San Francisco has the one you're looking for. almost made me want to bite on the car but really want the tera interior since i've got kids and worried about stains on the cloth interior.

b

Thanks for the tip...but looks like there's no options on it. I can't imagine spending this much on a car and not having at least a basic navigation system and back-up camera. Heck, the e-Golf and Soul have it at a price point $10,000 less

Anyhoo I did spot one in Mountain View, which was surprising given the small inventory. Laurel Grey, Giga World, Navigation, the dual-spokes, and the Harman Kardons as a bonus. I don't need the parking assist, but it sure is cool.

Back