PodPoint charging

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

johnmcilroy

Hi all,

Just wondering, has anyone in the UK signed up for the 'free' OLEV-granted wall charger through PodPoint? I notice on their website that they offer a 7kW upgrade for £90, which could make it quite a cheap way of getting a fast charger on the wall of your house (instead of the BMW wall box, which is massive and just not practical). Clicking on the 'order' button on their website takes you through to somewhere called YESSS, which offers the chance to order via a local installer drop-down menu and quotes install dates of April/May…

Has anyone in the UK gone this route instead of Chargemaster/British Gas?

Regards to all,

John

Im looking forward to getting one installed. My local electrician will be approved soon to install these PodPoints, they look nice and a 5 metre cable too. Will update when i have it.

johnmcilroy said:
Hi all,

Just wondering, has anyone in the UK signed up for the 'free' OLEV-granted wall charger through PodPoint? I notice on their website that they offer a 7kW upgrade for £90, which could make it quite a cheap way of getting a fast charger on the wall of your house (instead of the BMW wall box, which is massive and just not practical). Clicking on the 'order' button on their website takes you through to somewhere called YESSS, which offers the chance to order via a local installer drop-down menu and quotes install dates of April/May…

Has anyone in the UK gone this route instead of Chargemaster/British Gas?

Regards to all,

John

Hi John

I went for the british gas polar with 7kw upgrade... was a supa easy to arrange and the installation is tidy and neat... just need the i3 now. I recommend 100%. its a sensible size too, not like the bmw 2 storey building lol...

Neil

Hi John

I went for the british gas polar with 7kw upgrade... was a supa easy to arrange and the installation is tidy and neat... just need the i3 now. I recommend 100%. its a sensible size too, not like the bmw 2 storey building lol...

Neil

Hi, how much did upgrade cost with British Gas? Thanks

uktechie said:
Hi John

Neil

Hi, how much did upgrade cost with British Gas? Thanks

Hi uk techie. .

The standard 3 kw unit and install is free, the upgrade to 7kw is £90 and they bill you 2-3 weeks after installation.

I recommend it 100%..

Neil

Back