Purchase price OTD

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Manitou

Do people not share price paid out the door here? I still need to go and test drive an i3, so this is a bit premature. I'm a California now living in Texas. (Near Austin). People round here don't like the i3 very much. That should help me get a great deal on one (should I not dislike it.. As I expect I won't.. Driven my friend's Mitsubishi iMee (aka "hamster ball") several times. I assume the bmw will trump that experience and with the Rex aleviate my range anxitity.

I got a fantastic deal on their demo model.

It was literally the lowest configuration offered (only heated seats as an option). I did owners choice and it was ~$200/mo for 24 months, plus $1500 down or something like that (basically just paying interest). If we take the $7500 federal rebate out of it, the balloon payment is ~$34K(minus $7500) or I surrender the car(plus $7500). All in all, I believe the total discount was ~$6700(plus $7500) from the $43000 MSRP so $36200(minus $7500), plus TT&L, etc.

Sorry about the confusing way of writing the federal rebate in there, but I get $7500 this year, but owe it back to BMW if I return the car.

My expectation is the residual will be a lot lower than they predicted, so I'll haggle with them about reducing my loan at turn in time or surrender the car. I definitely don't expect the car to be selling used for $27K, so I suspect I'll have some leverage in that regard.

If not, I drove the car for two years for $200/mo, which is less than the ongoing upkeep on my previous car, and I'll go looking for something else.

For good, bad, or indifferent..I prefer to buy. I do have a thought about putting an order in on a tesla model III, but there's a lot that can go wrong between now and then. Besides.. Could think of a worse car to give to my nephew as his first car 3 years from now.

Back