Question on chargers including wireless

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ah, but is topping up the 12v battery a function of battery pre-conditioning, or cabin climatization, or is it its own discrete function?

eNate said:
Ah, but is topping up the 12v battery a function of battery pre-conditioning, or cabin climatization, or is it its own discrete function?
If the 12 V battery needs charging, charging occurs automatically when the high-voltage system is on. The high-voltage system is on when an i3 is in the radio, operating, or drive readiness state, when actively charging the battery pack, or when preconditioning the cabin or battery pack. The operating state is entered when opening or unlocking the doors or when opening the frunk or hatch. The radio and operating states time out after 10 - 15 minutes which causes the high-voltage system to shut down and 12 V battery charging to stop.

Thanks everyone for great feedback, I learned a lot from you guys. While not perfect, the i3 REX has been a great solution for us.

Cheers and Happy Holidays!

Latest posts

Back