Quiet sound from Bluetooth connection

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DJCeeJay

I found that streaming music from my iPhone over Bluetooth is really quiet. Roughly speaking if I max the volume this is equivalent to having the volume dial only halfway on radio. So when I switch back to radio and and I forget to reduce the volume first, it blasts at full volume which is hellishly loud.

I could not find a function to adjust the base volume in car settings or the iPhone.

Has anyone else experienced this ?

+1

Also, as someone who has no previous experience of streaming music using Bluetooth I was surprised to find that the volume setting on the phone also affected the final volume. I had assumed that the digital information would be streamed independently of volume and that volume would be wholly controlled by the setting in the car. I too have HK.

So I sometimes find I have to turn the phone volume up close to max to get a reasonable final volume.

FWIW, in my wife's i3, which does not have HK, the volume is fine if you play music from your iPhone using the USB connection. My wife prefers that to BT because the phone charges while playing.

Try turning the volume up in the Music app on your iPhone (while the music is playing via Bluetooth obviously). That worked for me when I had the same problem. Turns out the iPhone has separate volume controls to the car.

Back