Regenerative Braking

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nimak5

Any updates on if they will provide a software update or hacks to disengage the regenerative braking? As smooth and as natural I drive the car, the car is making passengers have motion sickness every single time they are in my car, therefore I am not having a very pleasant experience with the car. I use the car for business and this is a big problem. Please help with any suggestions! I drive it as much with the indicator bar in the middle and drive the car slow. Don't know what else to do...

Thanks

I doubt it. It appears you haven't discovered the full operation of the go pedal...if you release it all the way like you would on an ICE, it goes into maximum regeneration. But, if you only partially back off, at one point, it will coast, and as you continue to let off, it starts to add regeneration gradually, so you have full control over how much or how little regeneration you get from zero to max. Try it, you'll like it!

It takes so getting used to. The first step is to understand how it works as mentioned above. It won't be jerky once you learn the proper driving technique.

I've been giving rides in my car, and once I explain how the accelerator works, i've found it takes a new driver maybe 5-10 minutes to get the hang of it and the ride is smooth thereafter.

Here in the UK a few of us have had software updates and I'm not sure what others feel but I definite believe that the regen has been adjusted for a softer breaking effect.
It's just not as aggressive as it used to be. I got used to the harshness and I'd like that back!

I understand to not release the pedal all the way like in an ICE and have learned to mimic an ICE. For some reason, some passengers are still getting queezy, including my wife. I'm just dumbfounded that this is happening... Is anybody still having problems with this even after learning how the accelerator works? I wonder if it is because of how small the car is and how rough are roads are here where I live.

Back