Remote not working, BMW cannot reset account

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jasleinstein

A week ago on Friday I called BMW 800 service as I could not get the remote app to connect with the i3. I was told the IT was not in the office and I needed to call back Monday, which I did. So much for that 24 x 7 call center pitch. I explained to the call center this is much more than an inconvenience as we need to let a couple of older, non tech savvy folks use the car and with the unreliable milage charge amount display, we needed to monitor the power usage and make sure they would not be left stranded. I was then informed my account needed to be reset and that would take 24 hours, AND the IT team had been at a conference the previous week, so that is why they could not help on Friday. Whoa 24 hours? The folks at the call center told me they would call me back on Tuesday after the reset was done. No call back as of Wednesday so I called back again. In the mean time I reset the TCU and made sure that works by turning the lights off and on, and honking the horn. But no update on the power setting s of the car. This is the fifth or sixth time I have had to pull the #115 fuse to reset the TCU, BTW. The folks told me once again they had submitted a trouble ticket but no one has responded. today a fellow named Nick called me and tells me he is "monitoring" the trouble ticket, but he had no idea when someone might look at the issue. I work in the cloud, IT space and user account resets should take tens of seconds, not days.

BTW the car is sitting in a area with very strong cell service and in clear airspace. I have not had the March software update installed and understand that another has recently been released.

A: are any of you having trouble with the app connecting to the car, or TCU failures needing a reset?
B: have you had issues with multiple day response times to a simple trouble call?
thanks for your thoughts in advance.

Your results parallel mine, but pulling the fuse has always restored my functionality. It takes about 5-10 minutes to reboot and re-access the server, though.

Latest posts

Back