Rex engine smell

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mdbmwi3

I experimentally kicked off my recently purchased 2016 rex engine by driving down to 7% battery. I smelled like a slight pungent or plastic burning smell in the rear side of the car when I stepped out.

Has anyone experienced something like that? Is it because I used rex for the first time?

I have had my 2017 for over 5 years and sometimes notice the smell, definitely plastic / electrical and noticeable after the rex has run.

never found a cause, I do lift the cover about once a year to check oil and coolant. No sign of leakage of anything, but its very packed and enclosed in the noise shield there.

I experimentally kicked off my recently purchased 2016 rex engine by driving down to 7% battery. I smelled like a slight pungent or plastic burning smell in the rear side of the car when I stepped out.

Has anyone experienced something like that? Is it because I used rex for the first time?
My experience as well. AFAIK, there's nothing wrong with the Rex, it just smells a little weird.

Back