Seat Belt Tab and Buckle TOO LOW

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i3atl said:
I just ordered these from my local dealer:

72111950829 x 2
72111917406 x 2

They're the factory "buttons" that are used to hold the buckle up on other BMW models - should solve this issue.

Just a post in this thread to report that this solution worked well for me, at least solving the problem of the male tab / tang / tongue part hanging way too low.

The right height seems to be hanging just below the coach door handle, so that the belt part is not in the ways when you grab for that door handle.

After pushing the two button parts through the belt, use a soldering iron to melt the central point and bond the two parts together. HOLD THE TWO PARTS TOGETHER for a few seconds after melting, because they won't hold together at first.

i3atl said:
I just ordered these from my local dealer:

72111950829 x 2
72111917406 x 2

They're the factory "buttons" that are used to hold the buckle up on other BMW models - should solve this issue.
BMW also makes clips for the X3 and other models that grip the belt, but can be easily slid up/down after attaching. I believe the retail for them are about $3, but my dealer just gave them to me. They work great and look good (MUCH better than a potato chip bag clip) and are thin enough to not be noticed when they are over your lap (like a bag clip might be). Interestingly, there are separate part numbers for the driver and passenger side belts, but the parts are identical (not symmetrical, but identical).

Back