"Serenity All-Inclusive, Even Mobility" in Belgium

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

agj

Six (6) months after the official debut of the i3 in Belgium, the details on the Add-on-Mobility service, supposedly included in the maintenance programme, are still nowhere to be seen.

Official explanation was that the Add-on-Mobility service had to be delayed due to "IT adjustments".

In the meantime, in March, I was offered the possibility to receive a certain amount of conventional car renting days on an ad-hoc basis, provided that I was willing to sign up for a "Serenity All-inclusive, Even Mobility" maintenance contract (54 eur/month).

Two months later, the BMW Belux website is offering the very same maintenance contract for 30 eur/month :!: :!: :!:

But no publicly available Add-on-Mobility details whatsoever.

I don't know if BMW (Munich) is controlling what the national/local divisions are doing. I wish they could have a look at BMW Belux. Seen from my point of view, it looks like a big mess ...

Hello just saw on Fleet TV (Kanaal Z or Canal Z in French) the presentation of the i3 where BMW advertises the Add on Mobility (10 days/year) loan of an ICE .. So it should be available now ... They did not say anything about the price though....

Hello fellow Belgian i3 owners!

I have not been very regularly posting on the i3 forum but will try to be more active from now on. I have my "panda"-version since April 30 and am very happy about it overall (a few software glitches apart - especially the airco being down is a bit uncool but Belgian summer is not too hot for now - anyone else with BEV heat pump version who has experienced this? software update would come end of Aug).
Re: Add-on Mobility, I have also been asking this since last year, when I was deciding to buy the car, and it sounded very useful and for me was a key argument to make the decision for the i3. As you have reported, it has been delayed quite a bit in Belgium. This week, I have been pushing again via dealer and BMW Financial Services and BMW i Contact Centre. Bottom-line based on what I have heard so far:
- it is now available and the price apparently has been reduced to € 35/day, which is good news!
- the range of types of vehicles is however quite limited - 1 series or Mini guaranteed, 3 series possible if booking more than one month ahead
- there would be in future an option to get a 5 series (eg for longer holiday trips) but not yet confirmed for now

It seems a bit odd that other countries have more types of vehicles available (eg Germany) and also there seems to be a great deal between BMW and SIXT whereby i3 owners get at least 20% discount on BMW rental cars (as part of 360 degree Mobility). I have now asked BMW whether that deal would also apply in Belgium (it should in my opinion - it was announced in an official BMW Group press release and that did not limit to any specific country as far as I could see - here is the link: https://www.press.bmwgroup.com/africa-dom-easteurope/pressDetail.html?title=the-bmw-i3-and-360°-electric-full-service-programme-for-sustainable-mobility-–-almost-8-000-charging&outputChannelId=36&id=T0163408EN&left_menu_item=node__6728 ).

Will keep you posted on what I hear on this. Would be interested to hear if any of you get more info as well.

Cheers

Erik

Hello,

I have also finally received a quote for the Add on Mobility. The maintenance contract Serenity all inclusive "even mobility" (5 years) is 66,50 Euro/month which is indeed with 10 days/year of "other" BMW model included. You can also choose to have less days per year but you have to let them know when you start the contract. It would be nice not having to pay for it in advance but pay at the moment you need the car (we do not know 4 years in advance where or when or for how long we go on our holidays...). If I have understood correctly the sales rep of Ginion, then the 35 Euro/day is only when combined with a maintenance contract, otherwise the rental fee for the "other" BMW is 65 Euro/day? I will have to get back to him on that later on, but will keep you posted.

Hi Cindy, Hi Erik,

Good to see that other owners are putting pressure on BMW BELUX about the 360° Electric services.

As for the Serenity All In, the price of +/- 30€/month that can be seen on the website is WITHOUT ANY ADD ON MOBILITY! This has been officially confirmed to me.

The lack of a clear line is really frustrating.

I am reluctant to post the email exchange with BMW here because it is long and in French. But wouldn't mind sending it along in a private message if interested.

Hope you are enjoying your car and don't forget to drop a line at http://www.mybmwi3.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=1146
in order for your pandas to be put on the map :)

Hello everybody,

i've my i3 since a few months and i'm very happy with it.
Now i was planing going skiing and i ask my dealer the possibility ton rent a car. When i bought my i3 he tell me it would be possible, as a i3 owner, to rent a "normal" car for 35€/day. Now the dealer has changed and the new one tell me that it's not possible because i didn't tale my financial credit at bmw ... The other never tell me about that before ...

So i bought a car thinking that the BMW add-on mobiliy would be a nice help for vacation and it's not ...

Does anyone have another experience with that service in Belgium ?

Hello Cedric,
I have no Financial credit with BMW but I have a Serenity (~ maintenance) Contract with in it a predefined number of days that I can use another BMW for the duration of that contract. I pay extra for these days in the contract. You can start with that contract up to a year after purchase of the car.

Hello Ci3ndy,

thank you for your reply.
Could you telle me where you bought your i3 ? I bought mine at Waterloo.

Thank you in advance

Cédric

Could be a good idea ! ;)

could you please send me by private msg the name of your seller so i can ask him to help me.

thank you and have a nice day

Back