Service inclusive

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Atommad

I have ordered an i3 without REx, but I didn't order the service inclusive package because my dealer could not explain why the REx and non REx service packages are the same cost despite the REx service clearly requiring additional cost for oil/filters/additional labour and oil disposal.

I understand the package is similarly priced to a 1 series, which makes sense for the REx, so why isn't non- REx servicing cheaper?

Atommad said:
I have ordered an i3 without REx, but I didn't order the service inclusive package because my dealer could not explain why the REx and non REx service packages are the same cost despite the REx service clearly requiring additional cost for oil/filters/additional labour and oil disposal.

I understand the package is similarly priced to a 1 series, which makes sense for the REx, so why isn't non- REx servicing cheaper?

Bugger - forgot to add service pack to my order. I'll give them a ring.

Where are you? UK or Abroad?

SanSerif said:
Atommad said:

Bugger - forgot to add service pack to my order. I'll give them a ring.

Where are you? UK or Abroad?

I am in the UK. I have also emailed BMW with this question.

Don't rush back to add it, you have 30 days after your car is delivered.

Piekepuk said:
Interesting!

In The Netherlands the REx and non-REx service packages have different prices!

Pieke

What are the relative prices of the REx and non-REx packages?

Reply from BMW:

The Service Inclusive prices that have been quoted in sales literature are starting prices only. This does not mean that the costs will be the same for the Range Extender (REx) and non-REx versions of the BMW i3. However, at this present time, BMW UK has no confirmed information on the full pricing structure. We hope that this will be available in the coming weeks.

My guess is the cost of service inclusive for REx cars will go up from the currently quoted £375. I suggest if you've ordered a REx car then tick service inclusive now at £375.

Back